Elected by the congregation to three year terms, deacons minister to those who are in need, to the sick, to the friendless, and to any who may be in distress both within and beyond the community of faith.
The deacons of our church actively minister to others through…
- outreach to homebound individuals
- member visitation and support
- correspondence and personal contact with members for significant life events
- hospital visitation and delivery of flowers
- provision of luncheons following the funeral services
- coordination and provision of meals and other assistance during times of need.
- support for various ministries such as Pantry Sunday, the Prayer Shawl ministry, recognition of graduating high school seniors, care boxes for young members who are away from home, and many special projects to support ongoing needs in the local and larger community.
The current moderator of the deacons is Don Metzger.