Choir, Bible Study, Food, and Fellowship for Everyone!
Fall 2020 – no session
Spring 2021 – January through March
Presbyterian Church of the Cross
1517 South 114th Street
Omaha, NE 68144
Wednesday Program – All Ages
Due to concerns related to the spread of COVID-19, the fall 2020 semester of Cornerstone has been cancelled. Information about the spring 2021 semester will be provided at a later date.
Wednesday Program – All Ages
Due to concerns related to the spread of COVID-19, the fall semester of Cornerstone has been cancelled. Information about the spring semester will be provided at a later date.
- The fall semester starts the Wednesday after Labor Day in September and ends the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.
- The spring semester starts the Wednesday after New Years Day in January and concludes at the end of March.
As in the past, a variety of activities including classes, music, games and dinner will help participants to build strong ties with God and one another. This is a wonderful opportunity to have a “sit down” dinner with family and friend,s and the food is always delicious. Childcare is provided for parents or grandparents who are attending an adult class or music program after dinner.
- 5:30 – 6:00 PM Sunbeam Choir for K – 3rd graders (Haley Allen, Director)
- 5:40 – 6:10 PM Carol Choir for 4th – 7th graders (Taylor Arvie, Director)
- 5:30 – 6:25 PM Chamber Singers rehearsal in the Sanctuary
- 6:50 – 8:15 PM Alleluia Choir rehearsal in the Choir Room
Dinner is served between 6:00 – 6:40 PM in Fellowship Hall
Child Care is provided from 5:30 – 8:15 for choir members and adult ed class participants
- 5:30 – 6:00 PM 3 & 4 year old’s – Room 7
- 6:40 – 7:25 PM K – 2nd graders – Room 1
- 6:40 – 7:25 PM 3rd – 5th graders – Room 3
- 6:40 – 7:25 PM 6th & 7th graders – Great Room
- 6:30 – 7:30 PM Confirmation Class for 8th graders – Library (taught by our pastors)
- 6:30 – 8:00 PM Adult Education Class – Room 13
In the Event of Bad Weather
- A decision will be made by 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday
- Cornerstone staff will be contacted
- A notice will be added to our PCOC Web Site
- TV and Radio stations will be called
- An all church email will be sent
- PCOC Facebook page updated
Yes, and the program fee that covers dinner and class materials is paid each semester. We ask all adults to volunteer to set up, serve dinner or clean up at least 3 times.
Family Pricing Program Fees
|5 or more people||$175|
Checks may be made payable to: Presbyterian Church of the Cross.
Cornerstone Classes for Kids
This group of 3 and 4 year olds explore Bible lessons that will help them learn more about God’s love, and help them in their everyday lives. They will be using the “Whirl” lectionary based curriculum. It provides a fun and age-appropriate way for kids to experience the church seasons and scripture verses. This class is taught by Sarah Grady and Madelyn Grady as helper.
Kindergarten – 2nd Grade
The class will be using the “Whirl” lectionary based curriculum that provides the kids have a fun way to experience the Revised Common Lectionary. Through exploring the church seasons and diving into the lectionary each week, the kids begin to understand the three-year cycle of Bible readings and rhythms of the church year. This class is taught by Sue Thomas.
3rd – 5th Grade
This group will also be using the “Whirl” curriculum, lectionary-based materials that include weekly Bible lessons, and a DVD with animated characters that introduced the lesson each week. They address deep theological concepts with creative, light-hearted wit and will leave the kids wanting to watch the videos again and again. This class is taught by Jeremy Cunningham.
Cornerstone Classes for Youth
6th – 7th Grade
The class will be using the Whirl curriculum specifically designed for younger teens. It’s a Revised Common Lectionary based curriculum that includes weekly Bible lessons, and a DVD that introduces the lesson each week. The class is taught by Brad Gibson.
8th Grade Confirmation Class
A Confirmation Class is held on Wednesday nights from 6:30-7:30 p.m.and is taught by Dr. Marshall Zieman. Eighth graders will be given formal instruction on the Presbyterian beliefs, the scriptures and worship as they seek to re-affirm their baptism and seek membership in the church.
Cornerstone Classes for Adults
For each Cornerstone session, we choose an eight-week course. It is taught by members of the congregation. For the last session, the course was a disciple Bible study called “Remember Who You Are.” Included in the study were Amos, Hosea, Micah, Zephaniah, Isaiah and other prophets from the Old Testament. The class examined the messengers that God sent, God’s Requirement, Judgment and also God’s Promise of a Redeemer. You can join us for all of the evenings, or drop in when you can.