SENIOR HIGH FELLOWSHIP
Fellowship & Service for Grades 9 – 12
Grades 9 – 12
Sundays – times and locations announced weekly
Contact the church office by calling 402-333-7466.
9th – 12th graders meet for opportunities to participate in mission opportunities (both inside and outside the church walls), lead worship on Youth Sunday, have fun and fellowship on a weekly basis. They also participate in several fundraising events for their annual summer mission trip. Youth advisors include Dawn & Brad Gibson, Holly Baddley, and Ethan Bennett.
COVID-19 Safety Protocols – August 2020
1) Parents are asked to take their youth’s temperature before arriving at church. Leaders are asked to do the same for themselves. If someone has a fever above 100.4, that person should not attend the youth group activities.
2) If youth/leaders have any of the following symptoms associated with COVID-19, that person should not attend the youth group activities.
- Fever (>100.4)
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Diffuse body aches (not limited to a localized body area)
- New loss of taste or smell
3) If youth/leaders have tested POSITIVE for COVID-19, have been in DIRECT contact with anyone who has a confirmed POSITIVE test for COVID-19, that person should not attend youth group activities.
4) All youth/leaders will wear masks while inside the building. When playing games outside that might involve closer contact, youth/leaders will wear their masks.
5) Temperatures will be taken upon arrival. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will be asked to leave.
6) Youth must keep their body parts to themselves. No touching allowed, this includes hugging, shaking hands, etc.
7) Hand sanitizer will be provided. Everyone will use it upon arrival and before leaving.
8) Physical distancing must be maintained. Stay 6 feet apart at all times.
9) Youth will meet outdoors if possible. In the case of inclement weather, youth will meet in Fellowship Hall where social distancing is possible.
10) Youth will remain in one area of the building while meeting inside. Wandering around the church is not allowed.
11) Youth will only use the restroom near the Office while inside the building.
12) Meetings will last one hour.
13) If food is involved, individual packages of snacks and water bottles will be used. No group snacks or drinks.
14) After meeting, all indoor surfaces that were touched during the meeting will be disinfected. Leaders will facilitate this.
15) All leaders/youth will need to sign a waiver to participate in youth group activities.
16) All health and safety concerns, including any individual contracting COVID-19 should be reported immediately to Rock.
2019 Senior High Mission Trip
In 2019, SHF traveled to Oregon, Illinois June 16-22 for their mission trip. While there, the youth replaced, scraped and painted cedar on the building that they slept in and they installed windows and enclosed an outdoor pavilion with screen. Each night they enjoyed Bible Study and a campfire. For their fun day, they floated down the Rock River in tubes and had a picnic lunch.