SENIOR HIGH FELLOWSHIP
Fellowship & Service for Grades 9 – 12
4:45-6:30 p.m. on Sundays
9th – 12th graders meet for opportunities to learn, participate in mission opportunities (both inside and outside the church walls), lead worship on Youth Sunday, have fun and fellowship on a weekly basis. They also participate in several fundraising events for their annual summer mission trip. Youth advisors include Dawn & Brad Gibson, Susan Price, and Ethan Bennett.
September – December 2021
Sept. 12 – Games outside
Sept. 19 – Car Wash, 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Sept. 26 – Games outside
Oct. 3 – Games outside
Oct. 10 – Games outside
Oct. 17 – Bellevue Berry Farm, 6 p.m. (with JHF)
Oct. 24 – Boy’s/Girl’s Night Out – time TBD
Oct. 31 – Trunk or Treat, 3 p.m. facilitate games/provide trunks
Nov. 7 – Bible Study with Marshall, board games
Nov. 14 – Friendsgiving
Nov. 19 – Set up for Advent Workshop, 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Nov. 21 – Advent Lunch/Workshop
Nov. 28 – No SHF
Dec. 5 – Advent Dinner & Christmas Pageant, 5 p.m.
Dec. 12 – Christmas Party/Gift Exchange
Dec. 19 – Movie Night, 4:15 p.m.
Dec. 26 – No SHF
January – May 2022
Jan. 7/8 – Progressive Dinner/Lock-In
Jan. 16 – Sky Zone
Jan. 23 – Chopped! lesson with Nickie
Jan. 30 – Linus blankets, PDA kits
Feb. 6 – Chopped! Competition
Feb. 13 – Games
Feb. 20 – Bible Study with Marshall, PDA kits
Feb. 27 – Lazer Tag
March 6 – Sr. High Olympics
March 13 – St. Patrick’s Party (with JHF)
March 20 – Games
March 27 – Games
April 3 – Games
April 10 – Assemble May Baskets
April 17 – Easter (No SHF)
April 24 – Senior Talks
May 1 – Youth Sunday (No SHF)
May 8 – Mother’s Day (No SHF)
May 15 – End of Year Bash (with JHF)
June 11-19 – Mission Trip
July 24-27 – Triennium
Contact the church office by calling 402-333-7466.
2021 Mission Trip
The 2021 Sr. High Mission Trip was June 13-18 to Ferncliff camp, about a 9-hour drive, located near Little Rock, Arkansas. Ferncliff is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization located just ten miles west of Little Rock, Arkansas. It was founded in 1937 as a place for youth and adults to gather and experience creation in community with one another. Ferncliff is unique in having its own 10,000 sq ft Disaster Assistance Center commonly referred to as “the DAC”. Ferncliff has a covenant relationship with Church World Service (CWS) and Presbyterian Disaster Assistance (PDA). The warehouse is one of two centers designated to receive Gift-of-the-Heart kits from churches around the country. While at Ferncliff, we will work in the DAC, on the camp’s sustainable farm and we’ll complete maintenance projects around camp. We plan to work outside as much as possible. For more information on Ferncliff, please visit their website: www.ferncliff.org.
Watch the slideshow!
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
1) Parents are asked to take their youth’s temperature before arriving at church. Leaders are asked to do the same for themselves. If someone has a fever above 100.4, that person should not attend the youth group activities.
2) If youth/leaders have any of the following symptoms associated with COVID-19, that person should not attend the youth group activities.
- Fever (>100.4)
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Diffuse body aches (not limited to a localized body area)
- New loss of taste or smell
3) If youth/leaders have tested POSITIVE for COVID-19, have been in DIRECT contact with anyone who has a confirmed POSITIVE test for COVID-19, that person should not attend youth group activities.
4) All youth/leaders will wear masks while inside the building. When playing games outside that might involve closer contact, youth/leaders will wear their masks.
5) Temperatures will be taken upon arrival. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will be asked to leave.
6) Youth must keep their body parts to themselves. No touching allowed, this includes hugging, shaking hands, etc.
7) Hand sanitizer will be provided. Everyone will use it upon arrival and before leaving.
8) Physical distancing must be maintained. Stay 6 feet apart at all times.
9) Youth will meet outdoors if possible. In the case of inclement weather, youth will meet in Fellowship Hall where social distancing is possible.
10) Youth will remain in one area of the building while meeting inside. Wandering around the church is not allowed.
11) Youth will only use the restroom near the Office while inside the building.
12) Meetings will last one hour.
13) If food is involved, individual packages of snacks and water bottles will be used. No group snacks or drinks.
14) After meeting, all indoor surfaces that were touched during the meeting will be disinfected. Leaders will facilitate this.
15) All leaders/youth will need to sign a waiver to participate in youth group activities.
16) All health and safety concerns, including any individual contracting COVID-19 should be reported immediately to Rock.