JUNIOR HIGH FELLOWSHIP
Fellowship & Service for Grades 6 – 8
Grades 6 – 8
Sundays — 5 p.m. either onsite at church or online via Zoom
Contact the church office by calling 402-333-7466.
Jr. High Fellowship (JHF) 6th-8th graders meet weekly for fun, fellowship, and learning in a Christian setting. The youth participate in mission projects, fundraising events, and a summer mini-mission trip. This fall, JHF will alternate their fellowship and education activities weekly. Youth advisors are Carla and Jon Fritz, Julie Evers, and Nickie Johnson. On Zoom Sunday School weeks, the sessions are led by Heather Berry.
Fall 2020 – JHF/Sunday School Meeting Schedule
All activities will be on Sundays at 5:00 p.m
September 6 — NO YOUTH GROUPS in person, No Zoom
September 13 — JHF meets in person
September 20 — JHF Zooms Sunday School
September 27 — JHF meets in person
October 4 — JHF Zooms Sunday School
October 11 — JHF meets in person
October 18 — JHF Zooms Sunday School
October 25 — Trunk or Treat Alternative (TBD)
COVID-19 Safety Protocols – August 2020
1) Parents are asked to take their youth’s temperature before arriving at church. Leaders are asked to do the same for themselves. If someone has a fever above 100.4, that person should not attend the youth group activities.
2) If youth/leaders have any of the following symptoms associated with COVID-19, that person should not attend the youth group activities.
- Fever (>100.4)
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Diffuse body aches (not limited to a localized body area)
- New loss of taste or smell
3) If youth/leaders have tested POSITIVE for COVID-19, have been in DIRECT contact with anyone who has a confirmed POSITIVE test for COVID-19, that person should not attend youth group activities.
4) All youth/leaders will wear masks while inside the building. When playing games outside that might involve closer contact, youth/leaders will wear their masks.
5) Temperatures will be taken upon arrival. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will be asked to leave.
6) Youth must keep their body parts to themselves. No touching allowed, this includes hugging, shaking hands, etc.
7) Hand sanitizer will be provided. Everyone will use it upon arrival and before leaving.
8) Physical distancing must be maintained. Stay 6 feet apart at all times.
9) Youth will meet outdoors if possible. In the case of inclement weather, youth will meet in Fellowship Hall where social distancing is possible.
10) Youth will remain in one area of the building while meeting inside. Wandering around the church is not allowed.
11) Youth will only use the restroom near the Office while inside the building.
12) Meetings will last one hour.
13) If food is involved, individual packages of snacks and water bottles will be used. No group snacks or drinks.
14) After meeting, all indoor surfaces that were touched during the meeting will be disinfected. Leaders will facilitate this.
15) All leaders/youth will need to sign a waiver to participate in youth group activities.
16) All health and safety concerns, including any individual contracting COVID-19 should be reported immediately to Rock.
Junior High Mission Trip 2019
What do you get when you combine two vans full of 16 energetic middle school youth, 1 cargo van full of luggage, food and supplies, 1 adult dressed in a pizza suit (yes, a pizza suit) and 6 additional adults? You get a junior high mission trip! We had a meaningful trip serving the community in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, working at The Banquet, St. Francis House and at senior citizen’s homes. Special thanks goes out to our dedicated Junior High Youth Leaders Jon and Carla Fritz and Julie Evers and the trip chaperones David Berry, Brad Gibson and David Paul. Thank you to the Mission Committee and the Congregation for your continued support of our youth! Memorable trips like this wouldn’t be possible without you!