JUNIOR HIGH FELLOWSHIP
Fellowship & Service
Grades 6 – 8
Jr. High Fellowship (JHF) 6th-8th graders meet weekly for fun, fellowship, and learning in a Christian setting. The youth participate in mission projects, fundraising events, and a summer mini-mission trip. This fall, JHF will alternate their fellowship and education activities weekly. Youth advisors are Carla and Jon Fritz, Julie Evers, and Nickie Johnson. On Zoom Sunday School weeks, the sessions are led by Heather Berry.
Spring 2021 – SHF Youth Group Meeting Schedule
All activities will be on Sundays at 5:00 p.m.
April 3 — Help with Easter Egg Hunt – Arrive at 9:15 a.m. (no youth group on Sunday)
April 11 — no youth group
April 18 — JHF Youth Group Fun at Church
April 25 — JHF Youth Group Fun at Church
May events TBD
2021 Mission Trip
The 2021 Jr/. High Mission Trip is scheduled for July 23-25. The group will be going to Camp Calvin Crest and doing mission work in the Omaha area. More details to come!
Please contact Heather by May 1 if you plan to go on the mission trip this year. Learn more, sign up, and pay your $50 deposit as soon as possible.
COVID-19 Safety Protocols – Spring 2021
1) Parents are asked to take their youth’s temperature before arriving at church. Leaders are asked to do the same for themselves. If someone has a fever above 100.4, that person should not attend the youth group activities.
2) If youth/leaders have any of the following symptoms associated with COVID-19, that person should not attend the youth group activities.
- Fever (>100.4)
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Diffuse body aches (not limited to a localized body area)
- New loss of taste or smell
3) If youth/leaders have tested POSITIVE for COVID-19, have been in DIRECT contact with anyone who has a confirmed POSITIVE test for COVID-19, that person should not attend youth group activities.
4) All youth/leaders will wear masks while inside the building. When playing games outside that might involve closer contact, youth/leaders will wear their masks.
5) Temperatures will be taken upon arrival. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will be asked to leave.
6) Youth must keep their body parts to themselves. No touching allowed, this includes hugging, shaking hands, etc.
7) Hand sanitizer will be provided. Everyone will use it upon arrival and before leaving.
8) Physical distancing must be maintained. Stay 6 feet apart at all times.
9) Youth will meet outdoors if possible. In the case of inclement weather, youth will meet in Fellowship Hall where social distancing is possible.
10) Youth will remain in one area of the building while meeting inside. Wandering around the church is not allowed.
11) Youth will only use the restroom near the Office while inside the building.
12) Meetings will last one hour.
13) If food is involved, individual packages of snacks and water bottles will be used. No group snacks or drinks.
14) After meeting, all indoor surfaces that were touched during the meeting will be disinfected. Leaders will facilitate this.
15) All leaders/youth will need to sign a waiver to participate in youth group activities.
16) All health and safety concerns, including any individual contracting COVID-19 should be reported immediately to Rock.