JUNIOR HIGH FELLOWSHIP
Fellowship & Service
Grades 6 – 8
Sundays from 4:45 to 6:30 p.m.
Jr. High Fellowship (JHF) is for 6th-8th graders. JHF meets weekly for fun, fellowship, and learning in a Christian setting. The youth participate in mission projects, fundraising events, and a summer mini-mission trip. Youth advisors are Carla and Jon Fritz, Julie Evers, and Jeremy Cunningham.
September – December 2021
Sept. 12 – Welcome to JHF!
Sept. 19 – Scavenger Hunt
Sept. 26 – Scattered Joy Acres
Oct. 3 – No JHF
Oct. 10 – Fun and Games
Oct. 17 – Bellevue Berry Farm with SHF
Oct. 24 – Painting Pumpkins
Oct. 31 – Trunk or Treat 3 p.m. – facilitate games/provide trunks
Nov. 7 – Fun and Games
Nov. 14 – Sky Zone
Nov. 21 – Advent Workshop at noon – facilitate crafts
Nov. 28 – No JHF
Dec. 5 – Advent Dinner & Christmas pageant (No JHF)
Dec. 12 – Fun and Games
Dec. 19 – Christmas Gift Exchange
Dec. 26 – No JHF meeting
January – May 2022
Jan. 9 – Fun and Games
Jan. 16 – Zoo at noon
Jan. 23 – Fun and Games
Jan 28/29 – Lock-In at church 7 p.m. to 8 a.m.
Feb. 6 – Fun and Games
Feb. 13 – Bake Sale between services
Feb. 20 – Fun and Games
Feb. 27 – Bowling
March 6 – Pajama Movie Night
March 13 – St. Patrick’s Party with SHF
March 20 – Fun and Games
March 27 – Fun and Games
April 3 – Ropes Course at Fontanelle/Escape Room (weather option)
April 10 – Stuff Eggs
April 17 – Easter (No JHF)
April 24 – Confirmation (No JHF)
May 1 – Invite 5th Graders
May 8 – Mother’s Day (No JHF)
May 15 – End of Year Bash with SHF
June 3-5 – Mission Trip
COVID-19 Safety Protocols – Spring 2021
1) Parents are asked to take their youth’s temperature before arriving at church. Leaders are asked to do the same for themselves. If someone has a fever above 100.4, that person should not attend the youth group activities.
2) If youth/leaders have any of the following symptoms associated with COVID-19, that person should not attend the youth group activities.
- Fever (>100.4)
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Diffuse body aches (not limited to a localized body area)
- New loss of taste or smell
3) If youth/leaders have tested POSITIVE for COVID-19, have been in DIRECT contact with anyone who has a confirmed POSITIVE test for COVID-19, that person should not attend youth group activities.
4) All youth/leaders will wear masks while inside the building. When playing games outside that might involve closer contact, youth/leaders will wear their masks.
5) Temperatures will be taken upon arrival. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will be asked to leave.
6) Youth must keep their body parts to themselves. No touching allowed, this includes hugging, shaking hands, etc.
7) Hand sanitizer will be provided. Everyone will use it upon arrival and before leaving.
8) Physical distancing must be maintained. Stay 6 feet apart at all times.
9) Youth will meet outdoors if possible. In the case of inclement weather, youth will meet in Fellowship Hall where social distancing is possible.
10) Youth will remain in one area of the building while meeting inside. Wandering around the church is not allowed.
11) Youth will only use the restroom near the Office while inside the building.
12) Meetings will last one hour.
13) If food is involved, individual packages of snacks and water bottles will be used. No group snacks or drinks.
14) After meeting, all indoor surfaces that were touched during the meeting will be disinfected. Leaders will facilitate this.
15) All leaders/youth will need to sign a waiver to participate in youth group activities.
16) All health and safety concerns, including any individual contracting COVID-19 should be reported immediately to Rock.